Would you like to know more about the history of St Augustine’s?
Later this year, we will be holding Saturday morning History and Learning tours. These will last up to an hour and a half and will take you on a guided tour, and teach you about the church building and the history of the church in Even Swindon.
Tour dates are: Saturday 4th April, Saturday 20th June and Saturday September 5th.
All tours start at 10am and will last approximately 90 minutes.
Some key highlights of the tours will be
- looking at the unusual architecture and features of the church;
- learning about the artwork;
- having a demonstration of the church organ;
- seeing some areas not usually open to the public;
- hearing about some of the connections and people of the past.
The tours will be free, but donations towards the running costs of the church would be appreciated.
If you are interested, please get in touch to register your interest via the form below or visit our Facebook page and register directly on the event.