Click the donate button to contribute towards the upkeep of St Augustine’s and its work in the community.
A warm welcome to St Augustine’s and our Website!
The church is open for visiting, individual prayer and reflection between 9.30am and 11am on Saturdays. Our Sunday service starts at 11am, and take place both in church and are streamed on our Facebook page, which can be accessed from our website.
Please find out more about how we are keeping people safe during the pandemic by visiting our information page. Please note, while Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted, we want to help keep people safe by encouraging all visitors to the church to wear a face covering and to maintain social distancing if possible.
If you have any other concerns or would like to talk or pray, please get in touch. Please be assured that we’re praying for you all, that you will know God’s peace and presence in this difficult time.
St Augustine’s has been serving the people and community of Even Swindon for over 140 years. We are here in times of celebration and of sadness, and all are welcome here whether it is to one of our services, a community event or to find help or support. We aim to be a caring and inclusive community, and we would love you to come and join us.
Worship & Faith at St Augustine’s
- Our Sunday services begin at 11am, and are all family friendly.
- There is a service at 10am every Wednesday (communion or morning prayer). Currently on Zoom but will be returning in church soon.
- Messy Church is on the third Saturday of every month at 11am where we enjoy craft, stories, songs and share lunch together.
- On the third Sunday of every month there is a Taize style meditation service at 6pm. It is a time of prayer, silence and music offering a time of peace and quiet during a busy week.
- Our monthly fellowship group, Breakfast with the Bible meets on the first Sunday at 9am for breakfast and discussion. This is currently on Zoom.
Open to Visitors
- The Church is always open on a Saturday morning for visiting and for private prayer between 9.30am and 11.00am. Feel free to come in and light a candle and then have a ‘cuppa and a chat’ with church members. All are welcome.
- Visit our news page or look at the calendar on the right hand side of each page or by clicking here to find out about what’s on.
- If you have a qualifying connection, we welcome you to have your children christened in our church. During the Christening service your child will be baptised. At Baptism, you make a decision to start your child’s journey of faith. The church and godparents support the family and the child in that decision. We also welcome adults who wish to be baptised.
- If you live in the parish or have a connection with the church, you’re welcome to marry in church whether or not you are baptised and whether or not you go to church.
- A funeral marks the close of a human life on earth, and is the opportunity for friends and family to express their grief, to give thanks for the life which has now completed its journey in this world.