The idea of this page is to give you have some resources you can use to worship and pray over the coming weeks. As a church family, we are thinking and praying for you all at this time. Some of these resources will be used in our Sunday Services, which we will continue to broadcast for the time being.
Resources to print at home:
- Morning and Evening Prayer in the celtic tradition from the Northumberland Community. For those who come on a Wednesday, you will be familiar with Morning Prayer. There is a link to the readings and prayers in the order of service which are https://www.northumbriacommunity.org/offices/morning-prayer/ and https://www.northumbriacommunity.org/offices/evening-prayer/
- Prayers for the Parish – a list of streets and school classes we are praying for each day. Hopefully this will help you when you pray. We will, as a church, pray for every street and school class in each week.
- Click on the links here to download our worship resources:
- Celtic Morning Prayer
- Celtic Evening Prayer
- Prayers for the Parish Weekly
- Family Communion Spoken (Ordinary Time)
- Family Worship standard
Church of England Resources:
- The Church of England has a daily service on its website https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/join-us-service-daily-prayer and has services of Morning Prayer, Midday Prayer, Evening Prayer and Night Prayer for every day of the year. This includes the readings and psalms for that day.
- There are several apps which you may find useful and can be downloaded to your smart phone or tablet. They can be found in your app store or you can visit https://www.chpublishing.co.uk/apps to find out more
- Time to Pray – Create space in your day for prayer, praise and Bible reading with this simple daily service.
- Daily Prayer – Join the Church of England in prayer with daily services for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer.
- Lectionary (Chargeable) – The official Church of England Bible readings for every day of the Church year.
- Reflections for Daily Prayer – Make Bible study part of your daily routine with these reflections from leading Anglican writers, ministers and theologians.
- Live Lent: Care for God’s Creation – The Church of England’s Lent campaign for 2020, helping you protect and care for creation.
- Reflections on the Psalms – Explore all 150 Psalms with thoughtful commentaries from leading writers, including John Sentamu, John Pritchard and Paula Gooder.
Other Worship and Prayer Resources:
- Pray as you go – an app for your smartphone or online (https://pray-as-you-go.org/). These are really useful – usually 10 – 15 minutes long and include music and silence.
- Taize – the website for the Taize community is https://www.taize.fr/en and has some worship / prayer material at https://www.taize.fr/en_rubrique12.html