Researching your family history
If you are one of the many people who are researching your family history, one of the places you will find information is on baptism and marriage records.
Whilst we are very happy to assist you in your enquiry, please note that the church does not hold all records. There is also a fee involved, according to those set by the Church of England annually.
Records held at St Augustine’s
St Augustine’s church holds Marriage records from April 1972 only. Only the most recent baptism records c.1990 onwards are held in the church.
Records held at Swindon Register Office
The Swindon Register Office (click here) .You can get a copy of a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate by post for a fee. A certificate is also known as a certified copy of entry.
Records held at The Wiltshire and Swindon Records
This office (click here) holds records for:
- Wiltshire Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1916
- Wiltshire Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1916
- Wiltshire Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812
- Wiltshire Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1916
- Wiltshire Wills and Probates, 1530-1858