Using the Church
We welcome enquiries from anyone needing a unique space for an event, whether it be a small event of up to 30 people, or a larger event such as a party/wedding reception/concert. We have three areas available to hire, and they can be hired individually or together to create a flexible venue for your event, and at very reasonable rates. The fee for hiring the church varies by event and the time of year, which will cover all heating (where necessary) and lighting costs.
See the bottom of this page for a list of events, choirs and musicians who have taken place in the church in recent years.
The Main Church
The main area in the church is flexible and can be completely clear. It is approximately the size of a tennis court, with no pillars in the way, and flexible seating so it can be used for a wide variety of purposes. It is an unusual and unique venue for an event.
The church is renowned for its excellent acoustics and is an ideal venue for concerts. We have flexible staging which can be turned into a cat-walk for fashion shows or taken out completely.
We also have a new theatre lighting system which enhances the interior of the building.
The Parish Room
The Parish Room is a small room built in the Western bay of the Nave, and is separately heated from the rest of the church. It also contains a small kitchen. There is a wood and glass screen which looks into the church. This is used regularly by various groups and is suitable for smaller groups of people (up to around 30). It has a projector and screen setup which is available for use.
The front and rear gardens are also available should they be needed. The rear garden is the same length as the building and surrounded on the North side by hedges. The front garden is the same size but landscaped.
- The church seats approximately 200 for concerts.
- It is ideal for concerts because of there are no pillars and excellent acoustics.
- We have a good organ which has re-voiced recently, a digital piano and an upright piano available for musical concerts.
- Individual chairs which can be moved to the sides creating a wide open space.
- Dismountable staging which can be used in different formations (including a cat walk for fashion shows).
- Theatre lighting system which can be used to highlight the building or as lighting for the stage.
- There are kitchen and seating facilities in the Parish Room which is separately heated from the church.
- The church has modern toilets, one of which is wheelchair accessible.
- Floors are mostly level with wide doorways for accessibility.
- Projector screens – wall mounted or floor standing screens available with projector. There is also a screen and projector in the Parish Room.
- Audio visual system with computer, Bluetooth connectivity, DVD, iPod connection, CD players.
- Radio and fixed microphones available.
Past concerts & Events:
- An evening with the Ukey D’ukes (2019, 2022)
- Comedy and Music Night with Tony Vino and guest musicians (including a sit down buffet) (2017)
- Prospect Hospice Fashion Show (2016)
- Five organ recitals by Professor Dr Ian Tracey (Liverpool Cathedral) including Last Night of the Proms in 2015 (also 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2011).
- Requiem for Remembrance (2014, Dodecantus)
- Wessex Male Choir in aid of Help for Heroes
- Band of the Wiltshire Constabulary
- Christmas Concerts hosted by Zurich Financial Services
- Makin’ MuZic Christmas concerts (a regular fixture now!)
- ‘Come and Sing’ The Crucifixion (a choir of 90 people!)
- Swindon Choral Society – Haydn’s Creation
- Kentwood Choir
- Two concerts by Swindon Male Voice Choir
- Chedworth Silver Band
- The Misfits (Rock Band) and Tony Vino (Comedian) (2011)
- Brownies Fashion Show
- Requiem for Remembrance (Dodecantus)
- Christmas concert in 2010 Dodecantus