COVID-19 Information Page
Updated: Tuesday 20th July 2021 at 18:55
While most legal Covid-19 restrictions have now been lifted, we want to help keep everyone who comes into St Augustine’s safe.
- Wear a face covering when entering and moving around the church, when speaking in close proximity to others or when singing. Feel free to take your covering off when seated
- Continue to use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance and at different points in the church, and before using the contactless payment machine
- Maintain social distancing from other people and respect other peoples’ personal space
- Use one of the lanyards provided to show others you are not comfortable being too close to other people
- Continue to use the NHS Test and Trace App if you are able to by scanning the code on entry to the church
- There is no longer a one way system in church
And we ask that we all respect other peoples’ wishes.
When are we open?
- The church is open for visiting, individual prayer and reflection between 9.30am and 11am on Saturdays. Refreshments are available.
- Our Sunday services are at 11am every Sunday, and the church is usually open from 10am. They will continue to be streamed on our Facebook page.
- The church garden is there for all to enjoy – feel free to sit on the benches, but please put any rubbish in the wheelie bin or take it home
- Wednesday services in the building will restart at a later date, but will continue fortnightly online for the time being (please contact us with details how to join this service)
- Other services (e.g. Taizé Services) will also restart at a later date, and further announcements will be made in due course.
- Our monthly discussion group, Breakfast with the Bible, will continue online only on the first Sunday of the month (please contact us with how to join in this).
- We are not in a position to restart Messy Church for the time being, but will continue to provide monthly Messy Church online for the foreseeable future. Please visit our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/swinstaug)
What will happen during the service?
- During our service, we will have readings from the bible, a time of prayer, reflections on the bible readings, and be a space to connect with God. We will also sing hymns and listen to recorded music.
- If you wish to sit socially distanced from others – please sit on the south side of the church (on the right facing the altar). If you want to sit with others, please sit on the north sideThere is no longer a one way system in church
- Communion will now be taken in both forms (bread and wine), but it will be administered simultaneously (the priest will dip the bread into the wine) – please come forward in a socially distanced way – please use the marks on the floor to maintain distance
- We will not be sharing the peace for the time being, and physical contact should be kept to a minimum
- We will resume serving refreshments after the service. If the weather is fine, this may take place outside.
- We are still not taking cash collections for the time being. We do have contactless payment available at the back of church, so that you can give your weekly offertory or a donation to support our work in the community.