COVID-19 Information Page
Updated: Tuesday 23rd November 2021 14:00
While most legal Covid-19 restrictions have now been lifted, we want to help keep everyone who comes into St Augustine’s safe.
- Wear a face covering when entering and moving around the church, when speaking in close proximity to others or when singing. Feel free to take your covering off when seated
- Continue to use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance and at different points in the church, and before using the contactless payment machine
- Maintain social distancing from other people and respect other peoples’ personal space
- Use one of the lanyards provided to show others you are not comfortable being too close to other people
- Continue to use the NHS Test and Trace App if you are able to by scanning the code on entry to the church
- There is no longer a one way system in church
And we ask that we all respect other peoples’ wishes.
When are we open?
- The church is open for visiting, individual prayer and reflection between 9.30am and 11am on Saturdays. Refreshments are available.
- Our Sunday services are at 11am every Sunday, and the church is usually open from 10am. They will continue to be streamed on our Facebook page.
- The church garden is there for all to enjoy – feel free to sit on the benches, but please put any rubbish in the wheelie bin or take it home
- Wednesday services are alternating weekly between in church and online, please contact us for details on how to join this service.
- Other services (e.g. Taizé Services, Breakfast with the Bible) will also restart at a later date, and further announcements will be made in due course.
- We have restarted Messy Church on the third Saturday of the month, with limited numbers and catering. Please visit our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/swinstaug) for more information.
What will happen during the service?
- During our service, we will have readings from the bible, a time of prayer, reflections on the bible readings, and space to connect with God. We will also sing hymns and listen to recorded music.
- Communion will now be taken in both forms (bread and wine), but it will be administered simultaneously (the priest will dip the bread into the wine) – please come forward in a socially distanced way – please use the marks on the floor to maintain distance
- We are sharing a socially distanced peace for the time being, and physical contact should be kept to a minimum.
- We will resume serving refreshments after the service. If the weather is fine, this may take place outside.
- We are still not taking cash collections for the time being. We do have contactless payment available at the back of church, so that you can give your weekly offertory or a donation to support our work in the community.