We welcome enquiries from anyone needing a unique space for an event, whether it be a small event of up to 30 people, or a larger event such as a party/wedding reception/concert.
Now that the church is free of pews, the main space of the church (approximately the size of a tennis court) is useable, making the building a flexible, unusual and unique venue for an event.
The front and rear gardens are also available should they be needed. The rear garden is the same length as the building and surrounded on the North side by hedges. The front garden is the same size but landscaped.
The church is renowned for its excellent acoustics and is an ideal venue for concerts – see the bottom of this page for a list of choirs and musicians who have performed at the church in recent years.
The Parish Room is a small room built in the Western bay of the Nave, and is separately heated from the rest of the church. This is used regularly by various groups and is suitable for smaller groups of people (up to 30).
The fee for hiring the church varies by event and the time of year, which will cover all heating (where necessary) and lighting costs. Please click on the links on the right to see our room charges, and terms and conditions for using the room.
- The church seats approximately 250 – 300 people.
- It is ideal for concerts because of there are no pillars and excellent acoustics.
- There is a new organ* and a good upright piano* available for musical concerts.
- Individual chairs which can be moved to the sides creating a wide open space (about the size of a tennis court).
- Dismountable staging which can be used in different formations (including a cat walk for fashion shows).
- We also have a 3-phase electricity source for concert lighting.
- There is a kitchen and seating facilities in the Parish Room which is separately heated from the church.
- The church has toilets.
- A large projector screen* and projector* are available.
- New Audio system*, with DVD, CD and Cassette players. There are four microphones available – two of which are radio mic’s (one lapel, and one handheld roving mic).
- It is also possible to record your event, but this will be subject to copyright laws.
* for use of these items, there is an extra charge.
An electronic booking form will be available soon.
Some recent concerts & Events:
- Four organ recitals by Professor Dr Ian Tracey (Liverpool Cathedral)
- Wessex Male Choir in aid of Help for Heroes
- Band of the Wiltshire Constabulary
- Christmas Concerts hosted by Zurich Financial Services
- ‘Come and Sing’ The Crucifixion (a choir of 90 people!)
- Swindon Choral Society – Haydn’s Creation
- Kentwood Choir
- Two concerts by Swindon Male Voice Choir
- Chedworth Silver Band
- The Misfits (Rock Band) and Tony Vino (Comedian)
- Brownies Fashion Show
- Requiem for Remembrance (Dodecantus)
- Christmas concert in 2010 Dodecantus